Thursday, January 3, 2008

anne frank

This book has just been okay for me. Hower, I have learned how hard it is to be Jewish in the World War Two era. Because of a persons religious beliefs they didnt have the right to live. It must have taken Anne Frank and her family a lot 0f courage to hide. I cannot imagine having to be scared everyday that I am going to be found by the German Government and be brought to a concentration camp and be tortured to death.
Three years ago, I visited and took a tour of Anne Franks house in Amsterdam. I went up to the room they were hiding in, and I couldnt believe how small those rooms were. A whole entire family squished into that tiny room. Reading this book, I now have a better idea of how quite they had to be and how lonely it must have of been. On that same trip I also visited one of the main concentration camps in Munich, Germany called Dachau.I have discovered the fear that they have must of had inside them of going to the concentration camp. They now made a museum of it and told us about the torture and killing of Jewish people. The expirience of having been to Anne Frank's house and visiting Dachau, has made this book more interesting for me. I am glad I live in a country like America were we have religious freedom.

No comments: